Saturday, July 16, 2022

There is a fountain

 

I'll be 34 later this year.

The last several years I have attended the funerals of some special women. Both grannies, Aunt Kay, now Aunt Betty the other day. Aunt Betty was that person I could call and ask to pray, and she'd "pray heaven down," for me. I could have the weight of the world on me and just talking to her would lighten my mood. She was full of joy. 


This world seems like it is reaching everywhere for joy. The devil tries so hard to keep us as Christians from experiencing joy in our day to day lives because we are the light in this dark world. It only makes sense... darkness hates light.


I read a little bit of Charles Spurgeon's biography the other night and it was interesting to me to find out that some of the lyrics from the song "There is a fountain" were etched on his grave.


I guess with so much death going on, Grant is doing about one funeral a week right now, or at least attending them, death is naturally heavy on my mind. I know that sounds morbid and maybe uncomfortable... but I am ready to meet the Lord, therefore I do not fear death, instead, I fear that I am not making a big enough difference for Jesus here on earth as I am still "alive" in this physical body.

The devil has fought to steal my joy and peace of mind. So hard. I know he hates that Grant and I are listening and following after God's will. 


Heavenly Father, Your will is all that is important to me. To Grant. To us.

We thank You for the fountain that is filled with blood that covered our sins.

We praise you for making a way for us when it feels there really is no possible way out.

We thank You for loving us, even when we know we let you down.

We take seriously the job of being a pastor and pastor's wife.

These last days are going to be hard. But we will hold our heads high for you.

Come what may.


We will stay enveloped in the fountain that brings peace and joy. Love and hope.


The fountain of Blood that cures every hurt and worry.


I ask you today, whoever you may be, to get under that fountain while you have time.


Time is short.


Please don't wait any longer.





1. There is a fountain filled with blood
drawn from Emmanuel's veins;
and sinners plunged beneath that flood
lose all their guilty stains.
Lose all their guilty stains,
lose all their guilty stains;
and sinners plunged beneath that flood
lose all their guilty stains.

2. The dying thief rejoiced to see
that fountain in his day;
and there may I, though vile as he,
wash all my sins away.
Wash all my sins away,
wash all my sins away;
and there may I, though vile as he,
wash all my sins away.

3. Dear dying Lamb, thy precious blood
shall never lose its power
till all the ransomed church of God
be saved, to sin no more.
Be saved, to sin no more,
be saved, to sin no more;
till all the ransomed church of God
be saved, to sin no more.

4. E'er since, by faith, I saw the stream
thy flowing wounds supply,
redeeming love has been my theme,
and shall be till I die.
And shall be till I die,
and shall be till I die;
redeeming love has been my theme,
and shall be till I die.

5. Then in a nobler, sweeter song,
I'll sing thy power to save,
when this poor lisping, stammering tongue
lies silent in the grave.
Lies silent in the grave,
lies silent in the grave;
when this poor lisping, stammering tongue
lies silent in the grave

No comments:

Post a Comment