Monday, November 27, 2017

Free of Me

 
 
Free to be me.
 
 
 I loved that song so much when it first came out by Francesca Battistelli. I liked her music even more when one night I got a call on my phone and my brother in law, Gabe, said on the other end, "someone wants to talk to you." Two seconds later this happy girl was talking to me and low and behold it was her! He had waited in line after a concert in California so he could call me back in Kansas so I could talk to her. He's a pretty nice brother in law. :)
 

Well, that song is great, and I love Fran. But today, I'm going to write about being free of me.
 
 

Free of me.
 
 

Say that few times.
 

I have been writing very rarely for several months now. The Lord put in on my heart to not worry so much about trying to get a post up every week or two and to just live my life as a young
wife and mother for now. I will have all sorts of time to write once these kids are raised.
 
 
I will always have this laptop, not small children.



_______________________________



 

What makes you feel complete? What puts you in a good mood or lifts your spirits?

Is it if your kids are well dressed and behaved? Is it if your spouse is treating you good? Or maybe it's as simple as having a good hair day or getting 100 likes on your Facebook post. Maybe it's landing a great job or purchasing a new home.
 
 

Do you base your confidence on how people accept you, approve of you, and like you?
 
 

 First, you must realize that not everyone wants peace.
Not everyone wants to sit in a circle, hold hands and sing Kumbaya. 
Not everyone is meant to be in your life forever.
And not everyone is led by the Spirit, sadly.
 
 
 
 
 I want to drill deep in your heart and soul today some truths.
 
 
 
 
 
Truths I have come to learn through people, through a book I'm reading, through the Bible, and most importantly, through my time in prayer.
 
 
 
 
When you're rejected, you join company with the Savior. I was having a pity party several weeks ago as I felt this way and I thought to myself, who am I to think everyone will accept me? That nobody will ever turn their back on me or just decide they don't have time for our friendship anymore? Jesus was sinless and he was wrongly accused and to this day He is rejected. Who am I to think I should be treated even better than Christ?
 
 
When Jesus died on the Cross, he redeemed rejection. Whether it is from a parent when you were a child, a spouse as an adult, or a friend at any time. He redeemed it.
 
 
Jesus entered into that lonely place, that place of rejection, so it would not have to be the end of our story. Somehow, through rejection, God does a work in us that He would not have done if we would have been included. God will make us more like Him as we are in that place of feeling left out and rejected.
 
 
 
 
 
You may come to a place in your life where you must make a choice. Let's say you're at that point right now. God will ask you to do something that isn't about you, or doesn't feel good, or requires you to suffer. What will you do? Will you chose the easier path? The more comfortable place where you will continue being liked and applauded? Or, will you lay yourself at the feet of Jesus and say, "Lord, I am here, a willing vessel for you to use freely. I am free of me!"
 
 
 
When we can finally look at ourselves and see we are wrong, see we have made life about us, see that we make relationships about us (or the lack of a relationship), see that we make our marriage and even parenting skills about us... we can repent and allow God to mold this clay into something beautiful He can use.
 
 
 
 
What is the secret, you ask?
 
 
Pray.
 
 
 
There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother, and His name is Jesus.
 
 
 
Whether you are saved, backslid or you've yet to front slide... pray.
 
 
You don't need to pray in King James Version for God to hear you.
 
 
Some of my best prayers were ones where I just praised God and worshiped Him.
 
 
Praise Him for all He's done and Worship Him because He is. That is it.
 
 
He is. He is enough. He is enough to set you free. Even if circumstances don't change immediately and maybe those people will never apologize or try to make it right, He is enough for you.
Even if your child is addicted to drugs or in prison or just constantly disrespects you, God is enough for you. How people treat you and how your children (or parents) behave and the decisions they've made are NOT a reflection on you, unless you make it that way.
 
 
 
I am a joy filled Christian because God is enough for me.
 
 
When you make that sentence above the true motto of your life, it takes the pressure off of everyone around you and off of yourself to make you happy.
 
 
 
 
 
This life is to be about one mission.
 
 
To further and to grow God's Kingdom.
 
 
It's real.
 
 
I know I don't have a big fancy blog and smart words, but I write what I do, when I can, because I want to hopefully encourage someone to draw closer to the Lord, or to be saved.
 
 
 
What is your mission in life?
 
 
Is it protecting your self image? Or is it protecting the Image of God?
 
 
 
 
I want to pray over each of you who are reading this right now.
 
 
 
Loving Father,
 
I praise and worship You for who You are. I rebuke Satan right now in the name of Jesus from robbing anyone who is reading this blog from their happiness and joy in life. I believe there are those out there who find their identity only in their successes and failures. Break them free of this bondage! We want to pursue You, and You alone. I ask that each person would be convicted by Your Holy Spirit of anything in their life and heart that is above You. Pride, jealousy, anger, resentment, gossip, I rebuke it all in the POWERFUL NAME OF JESUS CHRIST. We are free because of Your shed Blood and we are called to be like You, so prune our lives, remove anything toxic, whether that is a relationship, a job, a past failure... redeem what You need to be redeemed if it will bring You glory! Keep our hearts right and pure, for that is the only way we can be used by You.


As I pray to You in my personal prayers, Lord, transform my desires so that I can live a life that is pleasing to You.
 
In Jesus name I pray,
 
Amen.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment